In a bowl add:
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1-2 cloves of minced garlic(Ikea garlic crushers are great for whole clove with skin & easy to clean)
- 1 t good quality smokey paprika (will post pic of my favoured brand)
- 1 t salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t sesame seeds
- 1 t garam masala-optional
- 1 minced green chillie-only if you like it HOT.
- 500g organic beef mince
Next shape into burgers to fit your buns and let them rest for atleast 20 minutes. I usually make them early on and leave them to chill in the fridge untill needed for the meal.
To cook, place under a hot grill(broiler) or barbeque. I do 6-10minutes per side but it depends on the size of your burger and preference.
Now for the really fun part, assemble in a bun with shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes and pan fried mushrooms. Ohh and you could add slip some of that homemade coleslaw in too! I enjoy it more because I know what is in it.