Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pizza Night

HERS... :

and HIS :
This is the one time I don't feel guilty about feeding my family pizza-when its organic home-made pizza! My son insists on always adding his own toppings and my daughter is following suite. I found a great base recipe on the web by Anthony Worrel Thompson called perfect pizza dough, link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/perfectpizzadough_72456.shtml
This was voted the best dough recipe so far by my family.

I have a foolproof tasty tomato sauce recipe for my pizzas and the left overs can be used as a tomato relish to go with burgers or salmon fishcakes.

Pizza base tomato sauce

It has slight variations but the basic is this:
In hot olive oil add- *1 diced onion and oregano
cook for 3-4 min then add *1-2 clove crushed garlic
then add (to up the veg count) *1 grated carrot and or courgette
next add *a tin of plum chopped tomatoes
and cook down while prepping toppings. Season with salt and pepper. I keep the lid off and keep cooking until all the liquid has evaporated off and you have a thick sauce.


TOPPINGS we used were
  • Steamed asparagus
  • Black Spanish olives from deli counter
  • Frozen sweetcorn
  • Fresh tomatoes marinated in Olive oil with
  • Spring onions
  • Onion slices
  • Sliced courgettes
  • Leeks and baby sweetcorn are also a favourite, overlooked on this occasion
  • Cheddar cheese
The pizza is cooked at 220C for ten minutes and drizzled with my homemade garlic and coriander infused olive oil when it comes out! Add freshly ground black pepper and grated Parmesan to taste:).

No comments: