Cheese Scone Flower
Mmmmmmmmm! So cheesy and moreish warm out of the oven.
80z S.R. flour
2oz (salted) cold cubed butter
1/2 t mustard powder
1/2-1 t freeze-dried chives
1 pinch smoked paprika
1 pinch salt
1-2 grinds of pepper mill
3-4 0z red leicester or cheddar grated cheese
5-6oz full-fat cold milk
I had a lazy moment and used my food processor to grate cheese for baked potatoes. Now I had lots of grated cheese left over plus a dirty food processor!
Make cheese scones without having to do the mix the butter and flour into breadcrumbs stage by hand.
- Process together dry ingredients with the butter and 2oz of cheese
- Transfer to a bowl and remaining cheese
- Add milk as needed and mix into a dough by hand
- Divide mixture into even sized balls and gently shape by hand and place on floured baking tray
- In oven for 10-12min at 180C
- If cheesy topping wante, remove and add grated cheese to top and place back in oven at 180C for 2 further minutes
- Eat warm:) with organic butter and watercress,rocket and spinach salad dressed with maple syrup and lime juice.